The Nursery aims to provide a friendly and transparent service that is non-discriminatory and which meets the needs of all parents and carers. To apply, parents/carers are required to book a half hour appointment between 10.30 am and 11.30 am with the Manager on 0207 277 4488.
Parents/ Carers will be issued with the nursery handbook to take home and will be required to complete a nursery application form before their second visit. (The nursery may also offer translated copies of policies to parents/carers who may wish a copy in their mother tongue).
The manager will then go through the following process with parents/carers:
1) A discussion of the child’s needs, interests or concerns.
2) Provide parents/carers with a parent handbook and explain the nursery’s policies and procedures
3) Take parents on a tour of the nursery, including playgrounds
4) Explain the nursery contract, fees and payment procedures
5) Collect any documents that may be required such as a birth certificate.
6) Explain our settling-in policy and agree dates for settling-in visits and the starting date.
Parent/Carers are asked to make a second appointment over the telephone during one of the slots indicated above so the Manager can collect the application form and requisite forms, the deposit and the first week’s advance fees.
We hope the above process enables parents to make an informed decision about enrolling their child into our Nursery. We will make any reasonable adjustment to accommodate parents/carers’ childcare needs with regards to children with special or additional needs. This is in order to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
You may also wish to post your application and advance fees to:
Elephant and Castle Day Nursery Ltd
15 Hampton Street