This is a chance to work with a family run nursery and make your mark towards providing an ‘outstanding’ service for children and their families within the local community.
The role of a nursery practitioner will suit someone who has a passion to work with children, has relevant experience and wants to progress their career to the next level. Take a look at our Personal Specification Form to see if you have what it takes to train with us.
Your key day-to day activities will include:
- Being a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children
- Planning of curriculum with room colleagues as per the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Promoting a warm and caring atmosphere for the children
- Working as part of a team with shared responsibilities
As an Early Years Practitioner working with us, you can expect:
- a competitive salary,
- excellent training opportunities and development as well as
- a passionate and caring place to work.
How can I work at the Elephant and Castle Day Nursery?
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please click on our Job Application Form today! Or call us on 0207 277 4488 for more information.
Please note from April 2017 all newly qualified entrants to the early years workforce who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30 June 2016, must also have either a full Paediatric First Aid Training (PFA) or an emergency (PFA) certificate within three months of starting work. For all other practitioners PFA training must be renewed every three years and be relevant for workers caring for young children and where relevant, babies.For more information regarding suitability of staff and First Aid training please download the EYFS Statutory_Framework_2017
Because of the nature of the job, it will be necessary for a five day non-paid Trial Session to be undertaken in order to assess a candidate’s physical suitability for the role. This opportunity will be provided for candidates who have been short listed for the role. We are happy to discuss if a candidate needs support with travel costs; to see if you are eligible for this offer, please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 0207 277 4488. Please tell us where you are travelling from.
The trial session will help :
- the nursery and candidate to share and discuss practical skills
- the nursery to evaluate a candidate’s suitability to work with children
- the nursery and candidate to gather essential pre-requisite documentation required for the position that may otherwise delay a job application e.g DBS (see below
Please do not hesitate to contact if you have any further queries about our trial sessions, we will be happy to discuss any concerns with you.
Elephant and Castle Day Nursery is committed to the Safeguarding of children; therefore all appointments are subject to receiving an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), as well as appropriate references.